Getting Better in Hospital
(2011, 13 minutes, colour, DVD)
(Available languages: Greek)
This short cartoon is mainly for people who have learning disabilities.
The DVD contains six stories about people with health problems. They all have learning disabilities, and all have to go to hospital for different reasons.
- Jonathan breaks his arm and goes to A & E
- Diana has to go to the Diabetes Clinic
- Paulette has an eye operation
- George is rushed to hospital with chest pains
- Gary, who is unable to walk or talk, is in hospital for some check-ups
- Saphia is having treatment for breast cancer.
All the voices on the soundtrack are those of actors with learning disabilities.
There is an easyread booklet in the pack.
GETTING BETTER IN HOSPITAL was made in consultation with Mencap, CHANGE, and the National Health Service. It may be used with patients and staff, to raise awareness about people with learning disabilities in hospital.
Produced with funding from the Department of Health Third Sector Investment Programme.
Watch a clip of the film here: